The following issues should be included:
- Classic symptoms of ear disease: deafness, tinnitus, discharge (otorrhoea), pain (otalgia) and vertigo.
- Previous ear surgery, or head injury.
- Family history of deafness.
- Systemic disease (eg, stroke, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease).
- Ototoxic drugs (antibiotics (eg, gentamicin), diuretics, cytotoxics).
- Exposure to noise (eg, pneumatic drill or shooting).
- History of atopy and allergy in children.
Download 3rd Year MBBS Books – Click Here
Inspecting the external ear
Inspect the external ear before examination with an otoscope/auriscope. Swab any discharge and remove any wax. Look for obvious signs of abnormality.
- Size and shape of the pinna.
- Extra cartilage tags/pre-auricular sinuses or pits.
- Signs of trauma to the pinna.
- Suspicious skin lesions on the pinna, including neoplasia.
- Skin conditions of the pinna and external canal.
- Infection/inflammation of the external ear canal, with discharge.
- Signs/scars of previous surgery.
To know more please download the pdf below
Want to download 3rd Year Books? Click Here
K.D Tripathi Pharmacology is one of the books most widely
The bestselling biochemistry book with questions up to January 2019.
Harrisons Manual of Medicine 19th Edition or the Harrison’s Principles
Concise Pathology for Exam Preparation This book has been written
This Marrow Handwritten Notes 2021 consists of all 19 subject i.e. Oncology,
Thoroughly revised and 8th edition. Includes all recent questions, controversial