Understanding community medicine is difficult,but it becomes easy and enjoyable with the help of a good teacher and good book. Because of its vastness many students consider PSM as a difficult subject. Actually,it is true PSM is huge and volatile subject and it requires frequent study and revisions.
New or updated guidelines like new RNTCP guidelines,new biomedical waste management guidelines,new rabies vaccine guidelines by WHO, new MDT guidelines,Kala star,diarrhoea and Diptheria treatment guidelines and new goal in HDI calculation,new H1N1 categorisation, new international death certificate guidelines, new AFG surveillance indicators, new BFHI guidelines,new revised John’s criteria, new open vial,Pn visits, ARI and BP classification guidelines.
– New health programmes, policies and legislations like Swacch Bharath mission, Ayushman Bharat program, Anemia Mukt Bharat program, National nutrition mission and NMC bill.
– New initiatives in elimination of lymphatics filariasis, family planning, National strategic plans for malaria control in India (NVBDCP), nutritional rehabilitation center, MR camping, Intensified mission Indradhanush,new strategic plans for HIV/AIDS, Mission Parivar Vikas (mpv).
– New topics like, adjuvants in vaccine, tribal health in India, global hunger index, contraception and adolescence, multidimensional poverty index (MDPI), lifestyle modification to control hypertension,TB and newer contraceptives, Rotavirus vaccines.
– New cancer data, NHP and SDGs.
– Rural health strategies in India.
– New updated complications in public health.
– Tricky complicated short notes in recent processional examinations.
– New clinical case pictures.